Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mount Rush Perfect World International Riding Mount Comparison

('DiggThis’)
So, the big promo at Perfect World international right now is the new mounts.  Well, the old RIDING MOUNTS brought back out permanently.  And, although I do agree that having a riding mount in Perfect world is almost a must, it is such a time saver and coin saver.  Nobody wants to huff it half way across the map, and spending the coin to teleport all over the place seems like such a coin waste.

So, what is a riding mount?  Well, in technical terms it is a mode of transportation within Perfectworld, but for a lot of people, a riding mount is a thing to show off.  I would like to see a show of hands, who thinks it is pretty bad ass to see a smexy little veno riding on top of a Hell Hound.  Or your decked out, geared up Blademaster sporting a Ancestral Kirin?  I know I like it, it looks pretty cool to me!  But, when it boils right down to it, I am more about utility than I am flash, and being that, I would like to do a little compairison of all the riding mounts currently available in the perfect world cash shop.  Dollar for dollar, I would like to see what packs the most punch.  Variables I am going to consider are, of course, cost.  But also, initial speed, max speed, minimum level, and appearance.  I am actually going to include two numbers.  One without the appearance value added and one with the appearance value added, this way you can weigh the appearance on your own.  If you don’t much like my tastes.

For the formulas, they look something like this.
Strictly Utilitarian
-Cost +Initial speed +Maximum speed –Minimum level = total (negative number)

For appearance included
-Cost +Initial speed +Maximum speed –Minimum level = total (negative number) + Appearance Value(1-100) = total

Here are the results….In no special order.  First Number it’s place for utilitarian and the second is its place with appearance, 1-12, because there are 12 riding mounts being compared

Chieftains Battlecat (7,10)
The battlecat is one of the more expensive mounts, at $35.00, and it has a minimum level of 60, both of these factors are really what controlled its score.  I thought it would have placed higher in the appearance score because I rated it pretty high, but it could not overcome.
Initial speed = 10
Max Speed = 11

Ancient Boa (3,7)
Again, the Ancient boa is the most expensive, at $40.00.  But, it makes up for that in being available at a minimum level of 20.  This is what caused it to place so high in the utility score.  But, I find it ugly and annoying, that is why it dropped like it did in the appearance score.
Initial speed = 10
Max speed = 11

Hell Hound (7,8)
The Hell hound tied the Battlecat in utility score because it is identical.  Stats are the same and cost is $35.00, with minimum level being 60.  It did better in the appearance category, because I find it to be one of the best looking mounts in the game.
Initial speed = 10
Max speed = 11

Scarlet Ninetails (3,3)
I am a little surprised that the Scarlet Ninetails did so well in appearance, I didn’t rate it too high.  It is too girly for me, but it did well anyway.  Cost is the top, $40.00, and minimum level is the same as the Boa at 2o.  Turns out, if you’re a girl, you would be hard pressed to find a better mount, if that is the look your going for.
Initial speed = 10
Max speed = 11

Windsprint Panther (2,9)
Windsprint Panther did so well in the utility scores, almost completely because of cost.  At $7.50, it is pretty close to the bottom of the barrel.  And with a minimum level of 40, it falls right in the middle.  Appearance is really plain, which brought its appearance score down quite a bit.  It is slow, but speed played only a small part in the equation, being that the difference is not that great between the fastest and the slowest.
Initial speed = 8
Max speed = 9

Polaris Snow Cub (1,6)
No surprise here.  Being the Cheapest mount in the game speaks for something.  At $5.00, this is the bargain of the game.  And also having the level 40 minimum put it ahead of the Panther by a hair.  As far as appearance, I find it more appealing than the panther and that reflects in the score.
Initial speed = 8
Max speed = 9

Chubbs (5,5)
I am actually a big fan of Chubbs.  He is tall and bulky and you can always see him coming.  At $10.00, I think he is a great buy.  It is really too bad that his minimum level is 60, because his speed makes him an all around competitor otherwise.  Like I said, I think he looks cool, giving him the same score in both utility and appearance.
Initial speed = 9
Max speed = 10

Quick Sika Reindeer (5,11)
I always just assumed this would just stay a Christmas promo mount.  But it looks like it is here to stay.  Stats and cost make it rate the same as Chubbs, being that it too is $10.00, and has a minimum level of 60, but I don’t like it, appearance points drop this close to the bottom.  It kinda is annoying for me to see.
Initial speed = 9
Max speed = 10

Ancestral Kirin (6,2)
I think the Kirin is the best looking mount in the game.  It screams bad ass from a mile away.  And if it would be just a better value it would have taken top marks in the appearance category, but at $15.00, and a minimum level of 60, it has to take a lower place.
Initial speed = 9
Max speed = 10

Vicious Raptor (6,12)
Being that statistically it is the same as the Kirin, it tied for 6th in utility, but I gave it the lowest appearance score, same as the panther, because I don’t think it belongs in the game…. It’s a dinosaur, how does that fit at all???
Initial speed = 9
Max speed = 10

Silver Mane (4,4)
Silver mane is a good all around pick.  It is also available through DQ trade in.  I am forgetting the cost of DQ’s at the moment, but it is around 50coppers I believe.  At $20.00 it is a little expensive, being that it can be had at no cost in game, and minimum level is 40, which is about right.  Appearance keeps it in line with utility score at fourth place.  I think this is a very good mount.  Very under rated in my mind.
Initial speed = 8
Max speed = 9

Violet lightning (4,1)
Violet is statistically the same as silver.  Cost is the same at $20.00, it too is available through DQ, and minimum level is 40 also.  Appearance drove this to the top.  I will not be riding a purple horse, but it looks pretty cool riding by.
Initial speed = 8
Max speed = 9


There you have it, Perfect World riding mounts as I see them.  I hope this helps you make your choices.  Good luck and fun playing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment